Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Glenn & Pat

1158 W 1050 N
Provo, Utah 84604

Dear Family,

I just got done with a quick trip to Richmond to help Colleen with Dad while Dick went south with Adam for a well deserved break in his routine here. It is so hard to see Dad getting so weak and barely able to get around. Sometimes he can’t get up or walk at all and we have to help him. But I enjoyed talking with him a lot about his mission and other things he is interested in. He can still remember things so well but, due to those strokes, just has a hard time expressing himself the way he was used to doing. He also likes to hear songs I play on the guitar, though, more often than not, it puts him to sleep! But happy birthday to him and to Dick. It’s hard to believe Dad is now 93.

I spent much of the evening helping Chris get all the utilities safely turned on in his house. There are several gas appliances that are tricky to get going, but I think we mostly succeeded. His yard is full of lilacs and some ivy type plants that remind me of spearmint. It smells so good. Now he just has to get all his stuff moved in. But at least there is no deadline to meet and he can do it a load at a time.

Well, that’s about all I can think of at this time. Have an excellent May. Love, Glenn, Pat and boys

No comments: