As Mom and Dad are in route to their new destination ~ White Sulphur Springs, I thought I would write for them as well as our happenings.
The closing of the house went off without a hitch and with the help of many many family members and friends ~ 430 Beaverhead Lane is no longer the residence of the Briggs family. As I mentioned before, Cy and I have moved down to Logan and are starting to get somewhat settled. I still have to finish a little more work in Montana so we will be making the trek up north I-15 again on Thursday. Cy says that he loves his new house and is starting to get acquainted in the neighborhood. He can make friends faster than anyone I know. He comes home from his bike rides always to report that he’s found a new friend. After I panic and think the worst, he assures me that it is a friend of a friend and there’s nothing to worry about. I have to admit ~ it’s a little nerve wracking for me to let him out of the house in the “big city”. Our neighborhood in Dillon was so great and we knew most everyone and all their kids. This will take some getting use to for me.
Mom and Dad purchased a 5th Wheel Trailer from a man in Vernal, UT and they are really pleased so far. They traveled with Bill & DeAnn to go and get it and had a nice ride down. They were heading to White Sulphur today to get the trailer set up on their lot and then will leave tomorrow to come down here. On Friday they will leave for a trip to the Grand Canyon with their (teamster) missionary friends. I believe they will be riding the train for most of the journey so it should be great fun without the hassle of driving much. They are both really looking forward to it. While Mom and I were in Bozeman last week we found her some really good walking shoes so hopefully she’ll be comfortable and her hip won’t hurt her. Dad’s knees sure took a beating with the move and the thousand trips up and down the long stairs. We hope he can rest up some before he has to do much walking. I’m trying to convince him to have his knee’s operated on this winter. We’ll see if I can get him talked into it.
In general the Boyd & Diane Briggs clan seems to be doing well. Mike and Keri (and crew) came over to help us all move which as very appreciated. Their families all seem to be busy and keeping up with spring time activities. Jake and Seth are doing baseball and Mike’s kids are helping brand and keep up with their ranch chores. KwinLee had a great piano review with an adjudicator. She has a very promising future in music. Spencer (aka Bubba) roped his first calf to bring to the branding fire by both hind feet. His dad was so proud I could hear his buttons popping ~ over the phone line! Kallie Kay is back @ BYU Idaho and the reports are that she’s doing well. She has inherited the trusty Eagle from Grandma and Grandpa. It’s the like the energizer bunny ~ it just keeps going and going. It served Cy and I well these last few years. Roland is breaking some colts this spring and they seem to be going great. We’ll have to get the latest and greatest from the rest of the grandkids next month.
It was very nice to see Adam today and we had such a good visit. It’s been too long and I’m so glad he was able to make the trip up here. Cy had a great time talking with him and wishes he was closer to us to see all the time. I’m sure it brightened up the month for Uncle Dick to have him here.
Love,
SK
The closing of the house went off without a hitch and with the help of many many family members and friends ~ 430 Beaverhead Lane is no longer the residence of the Briggs family. As I mentioned before, Cy and I have moved down to Logan and are starting to get somewhat settled. I still have to finish a little more work in Montana so we will be making the trek up north I-15 again on Thursday. Cy says that he loves his new house and is starting to get acquainted in the neighborhood. He can make friends faster than anyone I know. He comes home from his bike rides always to report that he’s found a new friend. After I panic and think the worst, he assures me that it is a friend of a friend and there’s nothing to worry about. I have to admit ~ it’s a little nerve wracking for me to let him out of the house in the “big city”. Our neighborhood in Dillon was so great and we knew most everyone and all their kids. This will take some getting use to for me.
Mom and Dad purchased a 5th Wheel Trailer from a man in Vernal, UT and they are really pleased so far. They traveled with Bill & DeAnn to go and get it and had a nice ride down. They were heading to White Sulphur today to get the trailer set up on their lot and then will leave tomorrow to come down here. On Friday they will leave for a trip to the Grand Canyon with their (teamster) missionary friends. I believe they will be riding the train for most of the journey so it should be great fun without the hassle of driving much. They are both really looking forward to it. While Mom and I were in Bozeman last week we found her some really good walking shoes so hopefully she’ll be comfortable and her hip won’t hurt her. Dad’s knees sure took a beating with the move and the thousand trips up and down the long stairs. We hope he can rest up some before he has to do much walking. I’m trying to convince him to have his knee’s operated on this winter. We’ll see if I can get him talked into it.
In general the Boyd & Diane Briggs clan seems to be doing well. Mike and Keri (and crew) came over to help us all move which as very appreciated. Their families all seem to be busy and keeping up with spring time activities. Jake and Seth are doing baseball and Mike’s kids are helping brand and keep up with their ranch chores. KwinLee had a great piano review with an adjudicator. She has a very promising future in music. Spencer (aka Bubba) roped his first calf to bring to the branding fire by both hind feet. His dad was so proud I could hear his buttons popping ~ over the phone line! Kallie Kay is back @ BYU Idaho and the reports are that she’s doing well. She has inherited the trusty Eagle from Grandma and Grandpa. It’s the like the energizer bunny ~ it just keeps going and going. It served Cy and I well these last few years. Roland is breaking some colts this spring and they seem to be going great. We’ll have to get the latest and greatest from the rest of the grandkids next month.
It was very nice to see Adam today and we had such a good visit. It’s been too long and I’m so glad he was able to make the trip up here. Cy had a great time talking with him and wishes he was closer to us to see all the time. I’m sure it brightened up the month for Uncle Dick to have him here.
Love,
SK
Roland (Bill & DeAnn) and his colt ~ Spring 2009


No comments:
Post a Comment