Dear Ones,
I have been certified by those who know to be crazy. I guess this is what you get when you think life is going nowhere. Cy and I have been changing our lives dramatically the last little while and are hoping for good things to come. As you know from Mom’s letter, they had an offer on their house so that meant that their permanent tenants downstairs had to get packing. We have really been blessed to have lived in their basement for so long. It has been tough with what Cy goes through to do much else. When we received the news that the sell was looming ~ I decided to make a quick trip to Logan to see what I could find. Our last doctor’s appointment with Cy didn’t give us much hope that he will be well enough to go to school anytime soon so I knew that wherever we landed, I would need to work from home and continue to home school. I have been doing business consulting for quite a while but just recently was able to convert what I do for people in their businesses ~ virtually. Aunt Colleen was my first test company and it worked amazingly well. What was going to have to be a trip to Utah from Montana to set her up ended up being about a 4 hour afternoon from home. Since then I have been able to work with other businesses the same way. So when Aunt Colleen heard that we were going to move she suggested that I come to Logan and work with other artist like her. They are the perfect clients for me in that they actually have a business but don’t necessarily want an employee(s) to hold them down. I am also looking at hosting an Online Women’s Business organization here in Logan. I understand there is very successful group in SLC but nothing in Cache Valley yet. A sister missionary at the LDS employment service suggested it for me and I think it will be a fabulous way to get my name out in the community. Much to look forward to and to give us hope on a new life. Dillon has been pretty stagnate for some time with the economy and we were really struggling.
As you have also read ~ we celebrated the life of Grandpa Dick last Thursday. What a legacy he and Grandma Gladys have left behind. It was so amazing to see every one of their children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren there. I commented to Aunt Dicksy as I was getting ready to lead the family musical ~ we won’t be seeing posterity like this much longer. It was amazing to see all of them gathered in the front of the Chapel to sing one last time together. The two of them struggled through the hard times and enjoyed the fun times they had when their family was around them.
Taking part in Grandma Margaret’s celebration was amazing as well. Our family has lost 3 in less than 2 years now and it’s been hard each time to see them leave us as they have been such a prominent part of our lives for so long. The Briggs kids had a very unique situation with both sets of Grandparents working together and being close enough that they we in our lives daily. We know that was a blessing and a gift! Although Grandma Margaret suffered in her final days, the funeral was so fulfilling to me because it brought back the Grandma I knew so much better. The one who loved to have fun and was a good friend to all those she met. All of the memories were precious but Chris ~ kudos for reminding me about 5 cue + 5 cue. I keep hearing it in my head ~ too funny!
I am grateful to be closer to Grandpa Pope now. It will be such a blessing in my life to spend some good quality time with him. Last night as we were having dinner he offered the blessing on the food. I listened in awe as he gave thanks and asked for blessing in which we all need. His voice was strong and he is still concerned that all of his family is safe and has the things they stand in need of. If the whole world could have Grandparents and parents that pray for their posterity everyday ~ what a different place this would be. I testify that many times in the last little while I have felt that protection and know that I had help from the other side.
Thanks to all those who contributed to this edition ~ We all appreciate your efforts.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment