Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Colleen

Hi Family:

Thank you Sandy for taking the PFNL and keeping a good tradition going!

It has been a while since I have written. Grandma's passing away in January was a difficult time. It is still hard to believe that she isn't just down at Sunshine Terrace. How she loved you all! There are many things here at the house that were gifts to her. She wanted those who gave the gifts to take them back as a nice memory. I will need your help with this, as I don't know who gave what, so just let me know.

Grandpa is doing well. He has an amazing, positive attitude most days. Some days are hard for him to get around, but those days are becoming less because we are getting his blood sugar under control. High levels were making him very weak, especially in the morning. His sight is not good, as you know, but he doesn't miss much! I was out planting sweet peas under the front window this afternoon, and before I was out there 5 minutes, he was at the front door making sure I wasn't puncturing any of the buried soaker hoses...and that it was a dry area next to the wall...etc. There is a problem here in the neighborhood with stray, wild, straggly cats. Can anyone help me with this? Lee, next door, has been feeding them for several years, and we are getting quite a large gang of them. There is actually a cat trail through the grass across the front and back yards! I want to start live-trapping them out...think I can get away with it?

I spent a nice conference weekend at Kim and Tim's. It was great to play with Jackson and Alex (who now yells, "MOM!!!!" whenever he wants something. Jordan, Annie and Harrison came over Saturday afternoon and we had BBQ hot dogs and chocolate cake for my birthday. It was great. I stopped by Jordan and Annie's to see their new garage and driveway. What a great addition to their home! It looks really nice, and went up quickly. Check out their blog for photos.

It is awesome to have Sandy Kay as a neighbor!!! I can hardly believe it. She and Cy brought dinner over tonight, and that was so very nice! The chicken, baked on stoneware, was especially delicious. She has been helping me set up Quick Books to keep personal and business expenses in order, and it is a life-saver!

We are sorry about the passing of Boyd's father, Dick Briggs. He was a great person, and I enjoyed his sense of humor.

I think we are all ready for Spring...long winter with lots of snow here. Happy Easter!
Love, Colleen

No comments: