Sunday, April 5, 2009

Adam Pope (Dick)


Mailing info:Adam Pope (Dick's Son)
4757 W Sanna St.Glendale, AZ 85302
Ahoy Mighty Pope Family, Verrrrry long time no see, a situation to be remedied soon through travel and the wonders of technology. I really haven't visited with anyone since before my mission so I'll start there with a quick re-cap.
2004/05: Returning from my mission in Sao Paulo, Brazil, I quickly reclaimed my job as Goofy at Disneyland, went back to college and hopped into a singles ward. I dated a girl for a short while which didn't work out, but then I dated her roommate, Elizabeth which did work out. In fact, we got married (much to everyone's surprise). After we eloped, we stayed in Orange County for a little while where I got my AA degree (due entirely to Elizabeth's super student coaching) and a following brief 1 month stint in Provo attending BYU that didn't quite work out for us, we moved back to California to work for Elizabeth's former employer at a newly opened cookie bouquet franchise store called Cookies By Design. While residing in the city of Lake Forest, we bought a little white Miniature Schnauzer puppy named Murray and toiled away like Keebler Elves in our cookie factory.
2006: On St. Patrick's Day the owner of the cookie store told us that she couldn't afford to pay us anymore and was letting us go (so much for the luck of the Irish!). I quickly got a job working for Nordstroms as a regional operator to pay the bills, while Elizabeth enjoyed the employee discount and scouted out other employment opportunities. Eventually I was offered a nice job with a mutual funds company in Arizona so we headed out to the wild west for a whole new kind of adventure. Blazing summers, chilly winters and Monsoon season? This is indeed a land of many faces.
2007: Was a year of house buying and hard decisions as I decided not to continue in the mutual funds industry (mostly because it was driving me nuts and I jnever gained an interest in the work aside from the paycheck). Luckily Elizabeth's company had an opening for a First Impression Specialist aka Receptionist that somehow seemed to suit me perfectly.
2008: So in January I joined the World Wide Stone Corporation team handling the switchboard, marketing materials and most important of all party planning. With 5 employee recognition parties a year there is plenty to plan and lots of fun to be had. I always come in character/costume to provide the entertainment. Thus far I've played a Cowboy Vegas Lounge Singer, a snooty French waiter, the country cousin of a millionaire and a Jewish Grandmother from Long Island, named Bubbie. Good times.
2009: At the beginning of this year Elizabeth and I decided after a long and amicable seperation to make our Divorce final and move on with our lives. We're both a lot happier and looking forward to what the future holds. For me it involves visiting family and friends I haven't seen or talked to at all during the last 5 years, which has been a real treat. I've just returned from a trip to visit Erik, Joy and Katie in California which was a wonderful and will be heading out to all corners of Utah for Dad and Grandpa's birthdays the first week of May. Meanwhile I'm having a lot of fun writing articles about pop culture momories from years gone by for a website called retrojunk.com under the name Hoju Koolander and hanging out with my little deputy, Murray.I hope to see most of you at some point during my travels or at the next family reunion. Like the song says, "...'til we meet again".* I attached a picture from my visit with Erik, if you want to include it.

No comments: