Hello Family,
Like everyone else, we are darn tired of winter. I have been a little ahead of myself trying to fish on the Provo River. Today was the first day in my life that I questioned my sanity about fishing. A howling gale was blowing up the canyon and driving snowfall into my face. I lost track of my fishing partner and when I called him on the cell phone to see where he was he said, "I'm in the truck trying to thaw out . . . where do you think I am you idiot?"Reese is getting along fine on his mission. I sent a picture of him to SandyKay so maybe she will include it in the newsletter. He has a hard time using English because his companion is a native Argentine and I don't think Reese ever speaks or writes in English except for when he writes back to friends and family. He has lost weight due to walking everywhere he goes, but he looks great. He is located in Villa la Angostura, Argentina.Mariah is busy as ever as a freshman in High School. She won the 400 meter race in her first track meet of the season for ninth graders. She took home the Most Valuable Player award at her basketball season banquet last month. She has already begun her backyard fire-pit parties this year and so old dad is shagging it to the forest for firewood next week. She works hard to keep up with her schoolwork in spite of all the time she spends with sports and so we are proud of her for that.Stacey is still going strong and somehow keeping all of the things she is juggling in the air. She loves springtime because all of her flowers start popping up in her flower beds and each day after work, she can get a fresh count on what has arrived. She and Mariah have been asked to sing in Sacrament meeting sometime this summer and so they are working on that.It was so good to see everyone at Grandma's funeral. It was a wonderful and spiritual event. We came home feeling uplifted and felt that Grandma must have been so pleased. What a great family.We enjoyed having Grandpa Boyd around last week. He was here to visit his dad who lives near Stacey and I in Orem. We also enjoyed watching Alyssa's boyfriend Jake compete in a college rodeo in Ogden. Stacey had a blast because we had her sitting right next to the roping boxes where she could look down and see the contestants and the stock getting ready to go. Alyssa has been trying her hand at doing some roping so we will see how that goes. She is a great cowgirl and has a good way with horses. Take care everyone.Love,Milton, Stacey, and Mariah
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment